DNS Questions..

Joe Brouhard, MCP jbrouhard at centurytel.net
Mon Jan 14 03:58:41 CST 2002

Okay.. I have a question to ask y'all.

I'm working with a friend who has a LInux server at home (this is also for
my benefit).

We're trying to configure a DNS Server on each of our machines.  however, we
use mail.domainname.com to get our email.

According to our ISPs, those subdomains do not exist.  we're gonna set up
our own DNS servers on the machines so we can run our own DNS Set.  However,
we are grossly inexperienced in this.  Can anyone help??

Also, I personally run WebMin to do most of my server administration.  If
anyone can help us with this DNS resolution problem, please let me know
either privately or onlist.  Thanks!

Joseph N. Brouhard
jbrouhard at centurytel.net