M$ alteration of MY hardware

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:09:42 CST 2002

Hello all,

After trying for a long time, and failing, to resolve my modem problem, the
MandrakeExpert guy (who is, BTW, an actual Mandrake employee) tells me this:

>dakota : 11/01 05:39 : Reply received     well we have tried everything
> >that is usually needed to get this modem to work.
>
>i will give you some bad news though i heard that xp alters onboard
> >peripreal settings on hardware.if this is true this is what is >happening
>with you and that is a problem because the modem might not >ever work again
>in linux if what i heard is true.i am going to check >something real quick
>though to see if the usr website has any info on >this modem and win xp

Has anyone ever heard of this?  If this is true, I am going to *&#%!^@
EXPLODE in a firey burst of rage!

Hope you all are having a better Friday night than me, and have a good
weekend.

Eric Gilliland