Hello :)

ES Rossiter erossiter1 at home.com
Fri Jan 4 02:29:40 CST 2002

Anyone have experience with multi OS booting?  Appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Duff

Hi Duff,

Welcome to the list.

I have experience booting Win98/W2k/RH7x.

If you're going to boot Win2k and RH Linux, you'll need to format your main
Win partition in fat32 not NTFS or LILO can't read it.  There is a way to
have the Win loader boot either OS, but I haven't been there or done that.

If you're going to have a triple boot, load your Win OS's first, and then
Linux, then LILO will be present you a list to boot from.  Load LILO on the
first partition past the boot sector, or you'll overwrite the Win boot
loader(s).

If you do overwrite your W2k boot partition, boot to the Win2k installation
CD, providing your BIOS is new enough, and choose the (R)epair option
(Repair MBR).  hehe 8-) this I do know ;)

HTH,

Eric