a question about filesystems

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:32:04 CST 2002

Hello everyone,

OK, this is not stricty a linux question, but...  I am preparing to install
Mandrake Linux on a Dell Pentium 4 with 256 megs of ram that is currently
running a clean install of Win XP using the NTFS filesystem.  I used
Partition Magic to shrink the XP partition.  I also used PM to create a
partition to use as a transfer area to move files between XP and linux.
When I created this partion, I specified the filesystem as FAT32.  However,
when I look at the partition in Windows Explorer, it lists the filesystem as
RAW. Anyone have any idea what this is? SHould I delete this partition and
let diskdrake create a FAT32 partition for me?  I created about 15 gigs for
my linux install.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Gilliland