Letter from my boss

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 03:20:47 CST 2002

Kylix/Delphi was not seen as a "cost effective" solution, being a
commercial product and costing more than the "open source" options. It
did not seem to have the community support (available tools, modules and
plugins) that seem to abound for the likes of Java, Perl or Python.

I was asked how I arrived at Python for our development, and so I
stated. Realizing it would most likely start a religious debate on which
language is better than the other for whatever reason.

For our needs Python seemed to fit the best, not stating nor implying
Python is better a mousetrap than any other.

Just my reasons on how Python was chosen for my companies needs, not why
everyone should choose. My best advice is to sit down and actually
develop a mid size application (full life cycle) with the development
arena you have interest in and see how difficult it gets.

Regards,
Steven