Wacky connector -- problem solved

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Feb 22 22:04:56 CST 2002

Many thanks for the leads.  I didn't have enough time to hit Electronic
Supply.  Instead I went to Radio Hack and after butchering a keyboard
connector pair (how do you solder something that small?) I ended up just
cutting a serial cable to make a little pigtail to stick out of my
industrial strength camera enclosure.  This new Stardot Technologies camera
has worked like a charm.  It dials out perfectly and never has not dialed
out yet.  (Watch, I'll put it 150 miles away and it'll bomb.)

Here's a sample image I took the other day with it . . .

http://www.golakeozarks.com/~webcam3/netcam.jpg -- just a few of my cars in
the driveway.

Thanks to PHP I've created a program to create thumbnails of the large
(640x480 ) image so I can provide different bandwidth pages to users.   So
far so good!

-- Bradley Miller