[OT] Network Question

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Fri Feb 22 20:46:57 CST 2002

Here at my office, I use a Windows PC on a Netware Network.

I recently moved offices and am experiencing slower than usual internet
speeds at my new desk. Pages load slowly, or not at all. The problem is, it
happens periodically.

We've tested the NIC and patch cable and double-checked all the appropriate
network settings in Windows. All looks OK.

Is there any kind of test I could run that would track up/download speeds
over a period of time? Does anyone know of any hardware tester I could run
that would check the efficiency of the cable between my office and the hub?
Can anyone think of anything I've overlooked?

-SD