Letter from my boss

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Feb 22 19:10:26 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Chris Midkiff wrote:

> Some people seem to just like spending money.  We've been using MySQL and
> PHP for web-based development for quite a while now.  Unfortunatly, we still
> use VB for most of our desktop apps.  If anyone knows of a way to build a
> GUI program, with a little bit of bussiness logic and a database connection,
> for the windows platform, with development speed approching that of an
> experienced VB programmer, _PLEASE_ let me know what it is.
Well, in the "do everything in the browser since the browser IS the OS"
mentality (that windows seems to follow these days), perhaps Kylix would
be something for you to take a look at.

Dustin

--
"The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add
whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it."