Letter from my boss

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Fri Feb 22 19:09:54 CST 2002

I've actually been running some intranet servlets and apps off the
PostgreSQL backend for some time, which the powers-that-be have been
using.  The sticking point was not really related to the product, but
that the business types wanted to be able to say "We're using Oracle."
 Too bad there's no the same enthusiasm when it comes to making a
commitment to the hardware and the training we'll need to use it.  It's
pretty frustrating being tied down by business issues when all I want is
a DB solution that meets our needs and that I can use *now*.  We're a
small company, so you'd think there'd be more concern for budgeting,
especially when we're loosing time *and* money...