Security question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Feb 20 22:57:25 CST 2002

Yep,
 That's pretty much what I was thinking. I did notice the encryption
howto
was just updated this month. I don't really have an issue, but was
thinking
about it because of the work I am doing on the distro. I mean all you
have to do to get to someone's files is boot from another disk and mount
the partitions. Not something that can be done without physical access,
and
possibly a screwdriver or some other tool. Of course we probably won't
be
able to use encrypted filesystems, since M$ now has a patent on
encrypted
OSes. I could see using an encrypted fs only on the most sensitive of
devices, (like military/gov't).