Comcast

Adam Turk ATURK at waddell.com
Thu Feb 14 15:07:52 CST 2002

I believe what everyone has said, but if something must be done, then
someone must do it. Why quibble over conspiracy theories? They're just
theories until proven. We as a people seem to have been trained out of
activism by the wonderful, cloistered lives we live, where our voices
don't count and our rules are only followed by us. We're better informed
and more worldly trained than past generations. Information on anything
is available to us. We can make good decisions. We can see the bad from
the good. But arm-chair activism never worked. Neither does standing on
the street with a sign. It's the digital age. Find services that work
without being watched. Network. Don't centralize. Go around, not
through. They will always try to gather 'marketing statistics'. They
always have. Information isn't just readily available to us, but also to
them. Privacy is a right, it's a freedom. Yes, it will protect the bad,
but it will enlighten the good, which is far more profound. Liberty is
dangerous, but it's the safest thing we have.
</rant>

Adam

In honor of present holiday:

When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers
than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men
-- his crop of potential soldiers. Valentine, realizing the injustice of
the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young
lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius
ordered that he be put to death.

http://www.historychannel.com/cgi-bin/frameit.cgi?p=http%3A//www.historychannel.com/exhibits/valenti
ne/history.html

At 02:47 PM 2/13/02 -0600, you wrote:
>They were only doing it to
>make a really big and fast caching DNS server so you could all surf
>faster.

Think of AOL's "cache".  What's the difference here . . . except
capturing
the data by user?   Makes you wonder about lots of other things . . .
doesn't it?

-- Bradley Miller