MySQL Question

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Wed Feb 13 22:03:42 CST 2002

I'm trying to install a Perlscript that allows me to let users create their
own pages on my server. I've set things up correctly (I think), but I'm
stuck on actually creatin the MySQL database that handles the data.

The install instructions tell me to run:

bach> /path/to/perl make_databse.pl -install

...but, when I do, I'm told my username/password is wrong. I've tried both
my master username and "undef", as instructed by the install guide.

I guess my question is: how do I create a MySQL database if I don't know the
right user/password for the database that doesn't exist until I build it?!?
(UGH!)

Help?

-SD