mainframes [was RE: The C is dead, long live the C]

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Mon Feb 11 17:39:07 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb ,  at 10:32:08AM -0600, Brian Densmore wrote:
> Am I way off in the future? I don't think so. In 5 years you look back
> to this and tell me I'm wrong. This is the future, unless someone nukes
> the planet or both polar caps melt (an all too real possibility, when
> ice cubes the size of Long Island are breaking off Antarctica).
>
> And what will they run? Probably both Windoze and Linux.
>
> Like I keep saying, it's not the PC desktop we need to rule. It's the
> embedded "desktop".
> Even M$ sees this.
Funny thing about the future.  You can only predict based upon current
trends, and capabilities where we will go.  One truly new discovery
can change everything, and the future is not as we suspected.
--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."