Changing IP Addresses

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Wed Feb 6 18:36:57 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marvin Bellamy" <Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com>

> Then, Windows serves a role that Linux should/can not serve by providing
> user-stupid interfaces that would make a Linux distro too cumbersome?

I don't think making the distro too cumbersome is the problem, I think it's
all the waste effort to try something that Microsoft will always be better
at, because they have the Borg-like central control to think for the stupid
users, and are willing to do it.

> Is it or is it not a goal for the Linux  community to make Linux
> an alternative to Windoze for the average consumer (my !L337
> mom, for example)?  I stress the *average* consumer.

Why?  Linux can and will always be for the above-average user, the thinking
user.  The moron user who WANTS someone else to do all his thinking for him
is going to go with Microsoft anyway - that decision has already been made
for him.  Why chase him?  Why try to seduce him, when it will only make
Linux a weaker tool in the long run.