IPCHAINS and IP Masquerade

Joe Brouhard, MCP jbrouhard at centurytel.net
Wed Feb 6 17:35:43 CST 2002

Hey.. i need some help (yet again).

i'm not sure if I'm gonna use my Linksys Router or my box here, so I need
some help trying to figure out how to set up ip masquerade so I can run the
box as a gateway..

My only other choice is to run a router set up..

via webmin, i have these fields to fill out:

DEVICE - NETWORK - SUBNET - GATEWAY

I'm guessing here, but this should be correct:

eth0 - 192.168.1.254 - 255.255.255.0 - 192.168.1.1 (the box)
eth1 - ISP IP address - ISP Subnet - ISP Gateway

THis sound about right?  Only other way I can think of is get my hands on a
copy of ip masquerade file itself and look at it.

Thanks!

Joseph N. Brouhard
CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional