Mozilla 1.2 rocks

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Mon Dec 2 17:54:12 CST 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy wrote:

> Not sure if I've posted about this already, but I'm loving Mozilla 1.2!
>  I abandoned it after my first experiment with the 1.0 release, but
> they're cleaned up the code considerably.  Most favorite feature is the
> ability to toggle certain Javascript features (giving you control over
> popups).  I also love the themes.  Yet another application of the Evil
> Empire supplanted by Open Source!

Another web browser I like is links.  It is a minimalistic browser that
uses wwwlib calls to make it light on memory and amazingly fast.  With the
-g option it uses graphics in X, otherwise its the simple text browser
that can be displayed on any terminal or cell phone.  It supports frames,
ssl, javascript, proxies, multiple windows, refer blocking or customized
refer, etc...

Security is the highest priority: it dumps cookies after each session,
asks if javascript wants to do funny things, etc...  In a hostile web
environment, links makes for smooth sailing.

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/