high-speed access question

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Tue Apr 30 17:13:22 CDT 2002

When I moved to Prairie Village, I had to switch to Road Runner from SWB
DSL.  The speeds out here were considerably faster and every tech I
talked to at the old place said I had very high DSL line speed.  I've
seen FTP downloads at +200Kb/s here.  SWB also ditched a very good tech
support company for a very sorry one.  SWB also has high installation
charges.  I don't know if I was getting shafted, but they  wanted
something like +$400 to "break" my basic service contract and upgrade to
extended service (for the IPs).  I had a horrible time with them, I
could be an exception. But, if you want anything beyond basic service,
you're going to get raped by TWC.