GCC Compiler

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Mon Apr 29 20:48:37 CDT 2002

lol.  I guess it's just a coincidence that his contact address is under
the RedHat domain.  I switched to RedHat from Slackware because I
thought it'd be easier.  I had so much trouble compiling that I
abandoned the distro altogether.  It might be more standards reliable,
but if Netscape came out with a perfectly standards adherent browser,
probably 90% of web pages would crash.  My understanding is GNU controls
the spec, but RedHat needed to support some third party platform, so
they came out with their own hacked version.  Hence the problems.
You'll notice that there is no 2.9.6 version available from
gcc.gnu.org.  I bet Bero wrote all that buggy code and had to get his
own domain for the PR [;)]   Seriously, the 3.0 version from gnu.org
doesn't have a much better rep.