debian installation (dselect and dpkg) woes

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Mon Apr 29 12:39:19 CDT 2002

I don't have the CD, I FTP'd the debian CD's relevant binary
subdirectories.  "...downloaded the CD..." was a really bad way for me
to phrase that.  I downloaded the binary-i386 directories plus other
miscellaneous while preserving their relative locations under dists.  I
could be missing something else...possibly, I need binary-all?  When I
attempt to install packages, I see error messages that indicate dselect
is looking in dists/potato/main rather than dists/stable/main.  In any
case, I thought there might be something obvious and boneheaded I was
doing wrong.  I haven't put in an honest effort to resolve this I guess.
 Ordering the Debian CD is probably the easiest way to go.