road runner and external connections

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Fri Apr 26 20:13:26 CDT 2002

Has anyone had any difficulty setting their firewalls with redirection
to intranet boxes to allow connections from the outside world?  I'm
trying to get ipf and ipnat configured, but nothing seems to be working.
 I've used tcpdump and I can see the attempts to connection to my web
server, and I can connect to my web server from my firewall, but
redirection doesn't seem to be working.  Note that I've had my network
configured to only allow outgoing connections for at least a year now.
It's the inbound redirections that aren't working.  Also, I have a
dynamic IP, so I used a "best guess" of 0/32 to do this.  A sample
ipnat.rules file configured for a dynamic external IP would help a lot.