CrossOver Office

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Apr 26 14:56:01 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cavalieri [mailto:bcavalieri at gekl.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 10:37 AM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: CrossOver Office

>I bought the CrossOver Office from Codeweavers yesterday, and it is
great.  I am also able to
>run several other Windoze applications, besides the  m$ office suite.
>
>Also bought the wineX from Transgaming, but have not installed it yet.
>
>Anyone wanting to support wine and help get more software publishers to
realize Linux is making
>baby steps into the home desktop, should purchase one of these
products.

Yes, that is something I try to push. In order for software and hardware
makers to want to support Linux they must see a market they can sell to.
Some will consider the cost too much and thus the more innovative
companies will make the money. Codeweavers will get lots of support from
me!

<ignore topic="ranting to self mostly">
Now if I can just figure out how devfs works and what to do to add my
usb flash reader as a mountable device on gentoo, life will be good. I
used to mount it in Mandrake. Think it was a scsi device like sda, but
no such device in devfs system. Probably need to add a link to
/dev/scsi/bus/target/lun/... . But that device wasn't a block device, so
now where?
[grumbles, moans to self]
</ignore>

Brian