Load Balancing under Linux

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Thu Apr 25 19:57:27 CDT 2002

I'm sure the protocol he's talking about is BGP.  It's really the only way
to do real load balancing..  Problem is, first you'd have to get an ISP that
will propagate your routes for you and second, you'd have to have your own
autonomous system block.

What I figure I'm going to end up doing is setting up a 1720 with an ADSL
card on each line then put a single 2600 behind them.  I can load balance
both lines running EIGRP on the routers.  Only problem is, this still
doesn't do anything for incoming.

I've looked into TEQL under Linux.  Very interesting but I can't find any
information from anyone who's done it successfully.  Maybe it's a
topic/demonstration for a future LUG meeting.  This is obviously a cheaper
solution.

Aaron