VNC

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Wed Apr 24 15:09:10 CDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> I presume most of you read slashdot and are aware that the AT&T lab that
> produces VNC is closing this Friday.  Needless to say, the FTP site is
> swamped.  Anybody know of good mirrors that may stay up after the lab
> closes?

Tridia offers commercial support for their version, but the installer is
free-in-both-senses:

http://www.tridiavnc.com/

TightVNC is an "enhanced" version that many people prefer.  I haven't
tried it, personally:

http://www.tightvnc.com/

I don't know of any mirrors of the original project, official or
unofficial.