Qt Versions

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Tue Apr 23 15:26:27 CDT 2002

Last time I checked make and rpm only do what I tell them to do as the
developer or package maintaner.  Make can deal with symlinks just fine,
but I would hope the authors would not use it in that manner.  If you
are compiling multiple versions of a library, you don't want the
installer to go and symlink itself to old names all by itself. That
could defeat your goal.  It is assumed that if you are building from
source, that you know something about how to manage the details of your
system.
--
Jason D. Runyan
Mid-Range Systems Administrator