PHP, MySQL, and Apache

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Mon Apr 22 16:55:07 CDT 2002

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
> mysql_connect() in
> /var/www/html/domainName/Maintain/db_connect.php on
> line 13.

Do a phpinfo() in your test file and see if MySQL support has been compiled
into your PHP install.  I suspect that's why you are getting that undefined
function.  It's never even trying to connect to your database.  You would
be getting another error if it was a localhost/ip problem in connecting to
the database.  I always refer to the database via an address, that way if I
move from one server to another, localhost won't mess things up.  (Because
where my database resides would stay the same.)

-- Bradley Miller