At wits' end II - the return

Mick Ohrberg micke at kc.rr.com
Mon Apr 22 01:02:35 CDT 2002

Here's my /etc/xinetd.d/ftpd

# default: on
username/password pairs for authentication.
service telnet
{
        disable = no
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
}

It seems like the daemon is either not started or something is blocking
the connection to the port.

/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are both empty.

# kill -HUP PID_of_xinetd

doesn't do a bit of good...

| /etc/ftpusers?
| /etc/ftpgroups?
| /etc/ftphosts?
| /etc/ftpaccess?

These only take effect once you have connected though, right? I'm not
even attaching to the port...

| I think these are all "if blank allow all access (or look
| elsewhere), if not blank then pay attention and restrict" type files.

They're all blank here for now :)

	/Mick