ADV:Harvest lots of Target Email address quickly

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Sun Apr 21 23:56:45 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucas Peet [mailto:lpeet at eccod.com]

> Jonathan, here's your culprit!!!

> C'mon, people, lets just do what we need to do to get this fixed!!

A) Strip all HTML and Binary from messages.
B) Allow only posting from addresses that have been verified by a reply to a
message sent from the listmanager, ensuring a fully valid path and user ID.
(B.1) Allow posts to/from other addresses listed under a primary address,
similarly verified.)
C) Strip individual email addresses from the on-line archives.  You may
reply to an archived message by addressing the list, but not the individual.
 (C.1, optional) Mangle archived addresses instead of stripping.  Substitute
"at" for "@", insert spaces or decoys.  This only works until they build a
better spambot.

This is what we need to do.  We know this.