Geeks on call 1

E_Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Sat Apr 20 16:20:55 CDT 2002

On Thursday 18 April 2002 11:52 pm, mac ten wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I live in independence M.O, my address is 1408 N.
> osage Trl.  Im right off 24hwy and kentucky.
>
> Is there anyone in the area that might be interested
> in helping me out with my linux problems?

I would be more than willing to try.  I remember posting to this list looking
for help myself.  I'm in Indep. right off of 23rd and Sterling.

> I dont want to sound needy but I am!  I finally was
> able to make the first iso for mandrake 8.2, I
> installed it but it only boots into runlevel 3 after
> failing to load into runlevel 5.

Sound like an X miss-config.

> I dont know what im missing, I dont have the other two
> discs and it would be close to impossible for me to
> get them (im on dialup and it sucks)besides that I
> could use a real person to give me some hints, tips,
> tricks, shortcuts.  I have books and How To's out the
> wazoo's, what I need is a selfless individual
> dedicated to linux that would not mind spending a few
> hours helping a hopeless case like myself.

I only have experience w/RedHat myself, but I'm always looking to expand my
horizons.

> I know Im asking a lot, If I had a best friend that I
> could bother I would but all my friends use windows
> and hate linux or are afraid of change.  I could use a
> linux buddy :)

Mama always said you'll never know until you ask.

> Im more than willing to do what ever you tell me too
> as long as Im not spending money because I have
> none(broke) :(  hence the dialup.  Im begging now, so
> it seems, I just really need some help here.
> If nobody wants to take this mission, I understand.
> It's dangerous, chances of survival are slim, I will
> test your patience and then some, you might even
> consider having me taken out bdfore it's over.

I live on the edge, I laugh in the face of danger... I leap before I look.

> Thanks for listening to my whine

PhedUp sets out a plate of cheese, because he know's mac ten's coming over.
Give me a call or shoot me an email.

> Aldis A Tuck

Later Aldis,
Eric