Install for an old PC.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Sat Apr 20 04:39:17 CDT 2002

I've found (and refound to my recent discomfort) that most releases past 6.2
are too big for an old machine like that.  I would look into building a
RedHat 6.2 CD with the most current patches and try that.  The newer distros
that come on 2 and 3 CD's just won't fit.

There's a HOWTO on RedHat CD burning at www.linuxdoc.org that has some
strategies on how to do a CD with the most current versions of just what was
included on the original.

Don't expect a GUI.