Load Balancing under Linux

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.yi.org
Fri Apr 19 21:09:40 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Aaron wrote:

> Hiya.
>
> Here's my situation:  I currently have two ADSL lines in my house,
> each from a different service provider.  I would like to load balance
> over both of them.
>
> I have a router solution available, but I'd like to use a Linux
> solution if at all possible.  The question is... does anyone know of a
> Linux solution that will do this for me?

This seems to cover what you need under Floating Static Routes:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/doc/howto/LRP-Load-Balancing-HOWTO.html

Also, you might be able to use the EQL support built into 2.x kernels and
later.  Here is how to get things set up:

http://home.indyramp.com/eql/eql.html

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.yi.org                   http://counter.li.org   user #142150