debian

Mike Coleman mkc+dated+1021780404.216f33 at mathdogs.com
Fri Apr 19 03:46:12 CDT 2002

hanasaki <hanasaki at hanaden.com> writes:
> There is deselect for newbies and aptitude in the Woody version
>
> .debs are missing one crucial thing.  digital sigs

I haven't used dselect in a while.  It's probably useful for getting an idea
of what's available, but these days I never seem to need anything but apt-get
(or occasionally dpkg).  I use the package browser on debian.org to find out
what's there.

.deb actually do get signed, and the package and release lists are also
signed, so you could theoretically verify everything.  The package tools don't
currently check the signatures, however.  I think this is coming in the
future.