Oh Boy!

Don Erickson derick at shark.zeni.net
Thu Apr 18 20:55:32 CDT 2002

In article <200204181449.g3IEn6702256 at modeling.cstp.umkc.edu> you write:

>   I use Mailman for my class lists and restrict posts to members of
>the list.  I know that grates against our egalitarian notions but it
>sure keeps the spam down.
>
>   Mailman is very easy to use and seems to be simple to maintain.
>If my workstation were a little more stable, I'd volunteer to manage
>the lists.

Mailman is fairly straightforward and configurable, everything can be done
via a web interface.  There is also a patch to strip all html and
attachments and uuencoded data, thus nullifying the virus threat.  There
is also an privacy entry for "accept mail from" addresses, so that someone
could receive mail to one account but post from another.

Quite versatile, actually.  And, as always with open source, if you don't
like something then rewrite it.

There's also an automatic mail->news gateway included, no extra charge.
--
Regards,

-Don