[OT] M$ Question

Joe Brouhard, MCP jbrouhard at centurytel.net
Thu Apr 18 14:34:07 CDT 2002

> Ok. Normally I don't think about this stuff, but...
>
> M$ says that IE is integrated into the OS right?
> Well, if IE is integrated into the OS, why, oh why, someone
> please tell me WHY ... does it take IE so FREAKING long to
> open up when you click on it? If IE is built into the OS all
> that has to happen to open IE is to draw some graphics on the
> screen and bring up the interface.

I have seen this only with the new MSN Explorer.. It appears almost
entirely JAVA based, but it actually isn't...

As for IE6.. That's about as close to MSN Explorer as I ever wanna get.
Takes a bit of time to load, yes.  I'm currently running IE5.5 (I'm
staying away from IE6 until after I get a new load of RAM In here).
Takes all of five to ten seconds to load IE when I click on it... I have
some kind of bottleneck in my system, not entirely sure where (I think
it's weatherbug or my HandspringVISOR Cradle software).

Not much I can recommend other than go to microsoft's site and get their
latest security feature fixes there... Yeah, I know.. Fixes, security
wise, are never repaired via Microsoft :)

OTOH, I haven't installed Service Pack 2 on this machine, so I'm
guessing I don't have the latest known bug fixes on my system yet.

I'm not 100% sure if they integrated IE with the actual OS Kernel.  It
may look like it, but it most definitely doesn't act like IE (If it did,
Windows 2000 Pro wouldn't bestable, would it? :)

Joe Brouhard
jbrouhard at centurytel.net