Enabling SSI

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Wed Apr 17 19:37:06 CDT 2002

(RedHat)

/sbin/service httpd restart

-Lucas
----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Dimbert" <s.dimbert at fhmr.com>
To: <mark at transparentsolutions.com>; <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: Enabling SSI

> Regarding restarting Apache...
>
> ::embarrassed grin::
>
> I've never been really clear about how you do that.
>
> I tried "./httpd restart" and got a "bad command."
>
> When I just enter "hhtpd" I get a blank prompt - which I assumed meant
that it worked.

> In short, no, I don't think I restarted Apache. How do I do that?
>
> -SD

includes it that means that it isn't enabled for some reason.

statement in the doc source. Does that indicate that the server is not
parsing?

> -SD

the web interface, but in PHP it does.  CGI and SHTML don't work in that
vasion, at least that's the way I was looking at it.. Someone correct me if
I'm wrong