Enabling SSI

Joe Brouhard, MCP jbrouhard at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 17 18:29:04 CDT 2002

> Nontheless, my .shtml page isn't showing the results of the command,
>
> <!--#include virtual="/var/www/cgi-bin/news/news.txt" -->

Having worked with SSI's, loks like your line up there is incorrect.

You trying to get.. Say.. Index.shtml to run from /var/www/htdocs/ ?

If so, the virtual include should look something like this:

<!--#include virtual="cgi-bin/news/news.txt" -->

Reason why is because Apache doesn't recognize the /var/www directory from the web interface, but
in PHP it does.  CGI and SHTML don't work in that vasion, at least that's the way I was looking at
it.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Try the command I put up, and see if it works... It ought to, since it worked for me before :)

Hope this helps, man..

Joe Brouhard
Web Designer - Used CGI, now migrating to PHP :-)
jbrouhard at centurytel.net