gentoo update

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Tue Apr 16 21:43:13 CDT 2002

I just finished setting up my new laptop here at work.  I'm dual booting
Gentoo and XP.  XP has a cute-little-puppy animated search assistant.
Gentoo's installer application is "/bin/bash".  Aside from the piles of
compiling, I'm very happy with it.  The basic design (e.g. the portage
system, startup script management, etc.) seems to be very well
thought-out.