Darwin Project

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Apr 15 17:37:28 CDT 2002

I downloaded and burned the Darwin CD this weekend, and tried to install it.
No such luck - it would get to the custom LILO prompt which offers an "Info"
and "Advanced" option, but nothing worked.  Standard install just went to
black screen, Info did a twiddle one character at a time, and Advanced ran
the twiddle automatically.

I had some trouble downloading it, ended up with an incomplete file which
WinZip wouldn't open, so I worked in my Mandrake 8.3 environment to find
that problem, download again, extract the GZipped image (why don't more
ISO's come this way?) and burned it with GCombust.  First time I've burned a
CD under Linux, I found the interface a lot easier to deal with than Roxio's
EZCD.