D-link DI704

Tony Rucker tony at signalogic.net
Mon Apr 15 06:26:06 CDT 2002

Sorry I didn't see this 3 months ago, I have SBC DSL in N. Ca. (PacBell), and I use a D-Link DI-704
to share it with 2 other pc's in the home simultaneously...works absolutely perfectly!

Using PPPoE, each time you "connect", the 704 receives a dynamic IP address from the ISP, the 704
itself has a static IP as does each pc on the LAN. The 704 is set up as the gateway IP in each pc
and each pc has a unique IP.

You don't even use the the EnterNet300 client PPoE software that was packaged with the DSL modem (
I did have to use it of course when I did not have the 704 and was not attemtping to share).

Because the 704 has a firewall my actual speeds are WAY up now compared to the speeds BEFORE I
shared!

And D-Link is very good about answering e-mails for support. I an VERY pleased with the D-Link
DI-704.