ntp

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Thu Apr 11 23:30:32 CDT 2002

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Eric Rossiter wrote:
> > Thanks Hal...I looked, but didn't find much.

My apologies to Hal, I didn't know what i was looking at at the time.
Thanks, to Charles, Jonathan, Mick et all.

> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate -bu -t 3 time-a.nist.gov >/dev/null 2>&1
> /sbin/hwclock --systohc >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> Dustin

Yes, the ntpdate command run on the command line did return somethin like
.038766 ms I think, so I wasn't that far off.  Although, everything I've
been workin on lately, sudo, ntp, I've put in /usr/local/bin.  Is this
incorrect?

> Even in evil, we discern rays of light and hope, and gradually come to
see, in suffering and
> temptation, proofs and instruments of the sublimest purposes of wisdom and
love.  - William
> Ellery Channing

Thanks Dustin, I could have used that during my first read through of the
ntpd man pages....lol.

Thanks, everyone, I'll keep plugging away at this and try and let everyone
know how it turns out.