Greetings

Warren Smith warren at wandrsmith.net
Wed Apr 10 14:50:21 CDT 2002

I just joined this group (after being referred to it by a member of KULUG)
and thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Warren Smith and I live in Lee's Summit, MO.  I currently work for
DST Systems as a Python Programmer.  My previous job was Chief Engineer for
an Arkansas ISP untill we were bought out by the local telco and I decided to
look for a better job.  At the ISP, we started out using Slackware Linux to
run all of our servers and later migrated to FreeBSD.  I currently run
FreeBSD-4.5-RELEASE-p2 on 3 boxes, including my station at work (though I may
be forced to switch to Windoze soon :-(  ).  My home network is connected to
the Internet via cable modem through Time Warner's Roadrunner.  The cable
modem is connected to my FreeBSD/IPF firewall/nat box and redirects http and
smtp requests to my FreeBSD server/workstation over my home LAN.  I run
Postfix for my MTA mainly because it is what we used at the ISP and it is
easier (for me) to configure than Sendmail.  DNS for my domains
(wandrsmith.net, wandrsmith.com, wandrsmith.org) is hosted for free at
zoneedit.com (I would host it myself, but I don't have a static IP).

I joined this group to meet others that share my love of free *nix.  I
personally prefer FreeBSD, but that is mainly because I am most familiar with
it.  I welcome questions and will contribute where I can.

Sincerelly,
--
Warren Smith
warren at wandrsmith.net