dual nics and routes

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Wed Apr 10 14:17:12 CDT 2002

Well, I have a feeling that it's my cable...it is a crossover cable, but
it's old.  I do get a link light on both machines, and when I ping from
Linux box, the actvitiy light blinks, but when pinging from the windows box,
the activity light doesn't blink.

Both machines can ping their own IP addresses, but running arp -a on the
Linux box only shows eth0, not eth1.  A ping from the Linux box to the
Winbox results in Destination host unreachable, ping from Winbox to Linux
box results in request timed out (and again, no activity).

Everything else looks good.

-Lucas