Mandrake SNF

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Apr 5 22:37:31 CST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> To tell you the truth, the 6.2 box does everything I need PLUS gives me a
> linux box to play with at home or at work.  What I'm really after is das
> blinkenlights - the cool attack graphs that Zone Alarm produces.
>
> (Tried running ZA on my computer at work - got it balled up bad enough that
> I had to uninstall it.)

Hehe... most of the personal firewalls are like this.
I tend to view them as silicon snake oil.  They generate revenue based
on a high number of false positives, giving the average user a false
sense of security.  But since the lights blink a lot, well by golly, it
must have been worth my $50.00.

Dustin

--
"It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three
benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to