DB2

Margrave, Thomas tom.margrave at starbase.com
Fri Apr 5 20:34:31 CST 2002

Not to get in a email war,  but I was comparing Main frame, Linux and
Windows with  IBM loads. IBM Finally told us that the calls to the database
where not the same for each platform or os.   This makes it hard to get
tools to work with issues like this.  For example the company I work for
program interface for one set of calls and IBM never did tell them (my
company) that we would have to make the calls different for what platform
and os that db2 was on.

The Company I work for had to undergo another development cycle for each
option of db2.

Tom

.