virus protection

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Fri Apr 5 17:05:02 CST 2002

AMaViS isn't an antivirus pre say. It's an email virus scanner, but it
requires an actual virus scanning engine to work with it. It is good at
what it does but it's not a complete solution in itself. There are many
different companies that make virus scanners for Linux and most of them
will work with AMaViS. NAI Virusscan, H+BEDV AntiVir/X, Sophos Sweep,
Kaspersky Lab AVP, Cybersoft VFind, Trend Micro FileScanner, CAI
InoculateIT, and F-Secure AV are known to work with AMaViS. I personally
like Sophos Sweep. However, if you do decide to use AMaViS make sure you
used either amavisd or amavis-perl. The older original AMaViS is no
longer being developed and is quite slow and feature weak compared to
the other two. -Jeremy

Jeremy Fowler
801 W. 47th St, Suite 500
Kansas City, MO 64112