iPAQ

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.yi.org
Fri Apr 5 05:38:32 CST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Mick Ohrberg wrote:

> I have recently received an iPAQ through work. I am wondering - are
> there any embedded linux releases for these terrific devices? And
> furthermore - does any KCLUGer have any experience with such an item?

Oh yes...  These are screenshots of Xwindows running on the ipaq in the
ancient days a few years ago when the linux ipaq following reached
critical mass:

http://www.handhelds.org/Compaq/iPAQH3600/ScreenShots/June282000/index.html

The distributions today are actively maintained and look very impressive.
The support pages focus on the unique aspects of handhelds, not just
providing complete distributions, but also showing how to gear off the
shelf applications to the attractive ergonomics associated with handhelds.
This little device looks like a wonderful opportunity for hacking projects
on the go.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.yi.org                   http://counter.li.org   user #142150