Pop3

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Thu Apr 4 15:14:09 CST 2002

Well, the GUIDE.pdf file in the source tree should help you out, but
here is an article on TechData that goes thru a simple install of
qpopper with sendmail.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00220011205noo01.htm&fromtm=e060

First thing you should do is decide how you want qpopper to run, as a
daemon or called from xinetd (or inetd depending on your system) and
then set the appropriate configure flags. The default is for qpopper to
be launched from xinetd or inetd. To enable standalone support:

./configure --enable-standalone

As far as TLS/SSL goes, you need to have installed OpenSSL and then
tell the configure script to compile support for it:
./configure --with-openssl

This is all in the GUIDE.pdf file...

Jeremy Fowler
801 W. 47th St, Suite 500