linux and maxtor ata/100 pci adapter

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 15:58:53 CST 2002

I guess the biggest question is, does your kernel configuration support
this ATA/100 adaptor.  If the system actually starts to boot and Lilo
provides you with your boot options, then I would say that there is no
support for this adaptor in your kernel.

I would try booting with the old IDE controller (leave the ATA adaptor
installed), either add support via modules or recompile your kernel to
support this adapter card.  If this doesn't work, you'll probably get stuck
reinstalling linux.

Rick