static IP options

DAVID KUCHARSKI dave at iemco.com
Tue Apr 2 18:30:49 CST 2002

I know from experience that COMCAST is dead set
against having any type of server attached to the
cable.  I had the ftp port on my coyotelinux router
open so I could make changes without having a monitor
hooked to the box and after only three days I got a
CEASE AND DESIST order sent to the house.  They sent a
copy of my terms of service agreement with the valid
sections highlighted!! There wasn't even anything
running on the box that could be downloaded, they just
saw the open port  and had a fit!