Win Media player opens WWW pages on its own.

Patrick Thurmond p_thurmond at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 00:58:19 CST 2002

You know my question is how in the world do you disable this MS "feature". Maybe a registry hack
could help. I have run into this problem alot and it pisses me off.
-Patrick
hanasaki <hanasaki at hanaden.com> wrote: Hi Marvin,

Yup Seen it and dislike it as you do. Actually it is good functionality
if properly controled. Therein lies the catch :(

This is a little off-topic, but somewhat related to this issue. Has
anyone noticed that some files played with Windows media player can
cause web pages to open? Can other applications be called from the
media player? Maybe I'm seeing a correlation between isolated events,
but if what I think is happening is correct, this is an insane
security/privacy issue.

--
= hanasaki at hanaden.com =
= Spam : Unhealthy and High in Sodium and Cholesterol =