New twist on drive copy - Win - Win using Linux to stage?

Jonathan Hale maclaoch at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 16:16:17 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: The Hoelschers <mohoel at telocity.com>
To: <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: New twist on drive copy - Win - Win using Linux to stage?

> If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to detail how I did it, but it
> seems this might not be a very common problem, and I think I've gone too
> long already...

No bother...  I'd love to hear how you did it... I wasn't sure if Partition
Image would do the trick when I suggested it to you, but I'm glad that it
led you to something that would (Where I used to work, we always used
PowerQuest Drive Image... and, personally, if I ever needed to do something
like that for just a one shot thing, I'd probably just go to their website
and download a free trial version... but since this is a Linux forum, it
seemed more appropriate to advocate the Open Source utility first...) :-)